Anyone have a copy of this IEEE paper?

Direct Synthesis of Band-Pass Transmission Line Structures

Author: Carlin, H.J. ; Kohler, W.

Realizable band-pass (zero of transmission, i.e., infinite loss, at dc) equiripple gain functions are constructed which permit exact physical realization of systems consisting of cascaded lines and stubs. The problem of the realization of a prescribed load resistance is solved when a dc zero of transmission is present due to a shunt short-circuiting stub. The exact limits of realizable load resistance are given for equiripple band-pass gain functions and a straight-forward method is presented to synthesize any desired value of load between the predetermined limits. The basis of the synthesis technique is the choice of location of the shunt stub in the cascaded chain.

Published in: Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on (Volume: 13 , Issue: 3 )

Page(s): 283 - 297

ISSN: 0018-9480

DOI: 10.1109/TMTT.1965.1125992

Date of Publication: May 1965

Date of Current Version: 06 January 2003

Issue Date: May 1965

Sponsored by: IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society

Publisher: IEEE

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, found at LibGen:

Evgeny.

Reply to
Evgeny Filatov

Thanks, Evgeny! Much appreciated! ...Jim Thompson

The Nuhertz guy now has a transmission-line filter design program.

We have his LC design program, and it's dynamite. It can do in minutes what would take weeks to do by hand.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

How could that possibly be as useful as a 50 year old paper?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Maybe because it could design a filter in a few minutes.

Even LC filter prototype tables, like in Williams, are computer generated. Past a couple of elements, filters are essentially impossible to design analytically.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why is Bloggs so ignorant?

Some of the old papers are the best... instead of solving math with a computer, they actually manually do the math, revealing many opportunities... in my case, behavioral modeling techniques. ...Jim Thompson

So,you really are clueless as to how well we were getting knowledge of electronics dialed in back then.

The subsequent computer programs are based on the same knowledge, dork.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Depends on what you mean. The realization is completely analytical if done according to the "insertion loss method." (And these days, this is usually the case.) Post realization manipulation can also be completely analytical . Finding an "optimal" approximation function based on a mask, to then be r ealized, is an optimization problem.

Just because these details are hidden from the user by the filter program d oes not take away what they are.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie