Oscilloscope newbie question

Hello,

At the bottom of the screen on my FLUKE PM3082 scope a have : Ch1 1.00 V= MTB 10us ch1f .

Does the 1.00 V= means that every square along grid Y axis corresponds to 1 V?

Thanks.

Dusan

Reply to
sukovic

Easy way to find out is to hook your probe to the calibrator, which
has a 600mVpp output.
Reply to
John Fields

Yes. But if you use a common 10:1 probe, and the scope doesn't know it, that will become 10 volts/cm.

John

yes how ever, I don't think that scope has a 10:1 selection for the input if you're using a 10:1 mode probe.. in this case, each grid block vertically would mean 10 times actual reading in voltage.. i could be wrong about the scope sensing the 10:1 probe being how ever.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Some TI scopes I've used did that, but they had special connectors.

Every other scope I've used apparently assumes that the operator knows what he/she is doing.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise