How to eliminate the words across bottom of tv screen?

Maybe a little off topic but I find the text running across the bottom of the screen on news shows really distracting. I can't pay attention to both the written and spoken word at the same time. Is there an easy way to cover this with black? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Yep, just place a strip of black duct tape along both the top and bottom of your TV screen. It will not only get rid of those annoying text scrolls, it will convert every program to letter box.

;)

Reply to
James Beck

bottom

easy

Apart from the Duct Tape which I was going to suggest, why not just use the vertical position control to shift the picture? Pain in the butt when you want to watch other programs though...

The duct tape solution in combination with a "flap" of carboard which you can easily flip up and down when needed might be the go.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Have you tried removing it via a menu and remote control? IF the TV is able to receive it, it should also be equipped with a way to cancel it. Check the TVs manual. All of mine are disabled or enabled by remote.

Rambler

Reply to
Rambling Man

Locate the vertical sync, then count lines until you get to get to the offending area, then blank the video until you get to the next vertical sync.

--
John Fields
Reply to