Cannot touch bottom left of 4-wire touch screen

Symptom: When moving up and down the left side of touchscreen, it inputs an arch running from the top left to the middle bottom.

I have an old Psion netbook with a four wire touchscreen which I cannot touch the bottom left. I have done research on the problem and I guess I am very confused as to why it presents and arch instead of either working/not working for a particular axis. It seems to "progressively" fail as I move down the left side.

Does anyone know what is going on electrically? What could cause this? Any hope of fixing it?

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
ChaseAdam

Probably one of the touchscreen four wires is disconnected. That it=B4s easy to check using a DMM. The problem is to locate where the fault is located... if in the touchscreen itself or in the flex cable which goes from the touchscreen to it=B4s controller.

Normally the failure is in the touchscreen itself, and that means replacing it.

Reply to
lsmartino

Probably one of the touchscreen four wires is disconnected. That it=B4s easy to check using a DMM. The problem is to locate where the fault is located... if in the touchscreen itself or in the flex cable which goes from the touchscreen to it=B4s controller.

Normally the failure is in the touchscreen itself, and that means replacing it.

Reply to
lsmartino

Probably one of the touchscreen four wires is disconnected. That it=B4s easy to check using a DMM. The problem is to locate where the fault is located... if in the touchscreen itself or in the flex cable which goes from the touchscreen to it=B4s controller.

Normally the failure is in the touchscreen itself, and that means replacing it.

Reply to
lsmartino

your screwed?

Don't take is personally, just my opinion..

Reply to
Jamie

Sorry for the multipost... the internet connection stalled and I retried several times to send the answer, without knowing that the first time I sent it it was published.

Reply to
lsmartino

Sorry for the multipost... the internet connection stalled and I retried several times to send the answer, without knowing that the first time I sent it it was published.

Reply to
lsmartino

And you did it again, but don't worry most people will never see any of these messages.. You're posting from Google groups and almost everyon blocks all messages from google because of spam reasons.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Probably the touch screen itself. I had a similar problem with a 17" unit.

Unfortunately it was the glass touch panel.

In the past I have repaired the traces on 2 touch screens, where there was a chip in the glass edge - (damaging a conductive trace on the edge) by using a silver dispenser pen. These pens aren't cheap, but are great for dispensing liquid conductive tracks for such repairs.

Reply to
KR