Optoisolator question

Hi! A simple question. I want to use the TLP280 photocoupler. What is the spec that tell me the maximum voltage I can put in the ouput? Ideally I want to be able to drive a maximum of 24V.

Thanks!

Reply to
reginald.louis

This should be in the data sheet. If it's an open-collector type it'll be the VCE rating of the output transistor; if it's a PIN diode type it'll be the reverse bias spec on the output diode.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

You need the collector-emitter voltage rating. It's 80V according to this.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore