Broken Switch on Voltage Converter

I have a voltage regulator that I was using with my 220V printer.

The on/off switch on the voltage regulator somehow broke off, and now it seems the only way to fix it so that I can use my printer is to solder the leads together, thereby keeping the voltage regulator "on" whenever it is plugged in.

Can anyone tell me if there are any negatives involved with keeping the voltage regulator on all the time?

I know nothing about electronics, but this should be simple enough. The switch that broke was a rocker type which connected a blue lead to a white lead at the top, and a brown lead to a brown and smaller white lead at the bottom.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

now

"on"

the

The

white

harmed

Not if it's unplugged.

And what's a "cord switch"?

The rectangular hole that the original (lighted)rocker switch came out out measured 15/16" x 3/4".

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Darren,

Why not just mount a cord switch? Even if the regulator will not be harmed it will cost energy when it's always on.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

That's for sure.

A switch in the power cord between the plug en the appliance. Often used for table- and floor lamps.

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

and

keeping

enough.

be

used for

Thanks.

Well, if I could find a switch to replace the one that mysteriously broke out, I wouldn't need go through the trouble of doing that, and I wouldn't need to solder the internal leads together. :-(

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

and I

Thanks, but I've tried the searches.

They don't give you the physical measurements of the switches.