microwave

How many amperes of current does a typical microwave use?

Thanks.

Reply to
mike7411

Its published in the specs and on the tag plate.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Most micro's I've seen is marked 800W asfair. Use P = U * I ;)

Reply to
pbdelete

ballpark of 1.2kW for a mid sized domestic microwave oven.

Amperes depend on supply voltage.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

snipped-for-privacy@spamnuke.ludd.luthdelete.se.invalid kirjoitti:

800W is popular as _output_ power. But the input power is usually >1kW. But, it's marked on the plate like someone other mentioned, and the amperage can be calculated from it by P = U * I, like you mentioned :-)
Reply to
Simoc