Looking to Get Board

Now that Radio Shack is going downhill quick and is no longer selling perfboard, does anybody know where I can find a supplier of the plain perfboard?

Thanks

Ron

-- "Everybody has a secret except for me and my monkey."

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

Digi-Key, Vectorbord
Reply to
John Fields

Thanks, but neither one has simple (or cheap) perfboard. The only stuff they carry is very expensive prototyping board that starts at about $30 and goes upwards.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

I am sure they have perfboard but I have never bought it from them.

Reply to
John Doe

Thanks, Don; I didn't see the "pre-punched board" lurking out of the way below the nylon spacers and the mounting brackets. That series 7100 also looks interesting but both are made of glass epoxy, and I don't know if it can be snapped cleanly like good ol' phenolic perfboards. And neither are competitive in price with Radio Shack on it's worst day. Sigh...

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

DigiKey:

How about items 3405K to 3413K? A 4.5 inch by 6 inch one, catalog number 3409K, costs $5.44 apiece and $45.15 for a pack of 10. No note of copper pads however.

How about 438-1022, 4 by 5 inch with pads? $13.78 for one, $12.12 apiece for 10. 438-1040 is a 4.5 by 6.5 inch one costing $21.84 apiece, $19.20 apiece for 10. Pads are plated-through-hole even.

However, it appears to be time for me to stock up on what Radio Shack has!

Don Klipstein

radioshack.com

Lumpy

Reply to
Lumpy

the

interesting

Ron,

How about $1.20 for a 4.3" x 3.1" piece?

I googled the following: circuit board perforated and found this:

Scroll about halfway down the list to see the boards they offer (4 sizes available). It has the individual copper contacts.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

perfboard,

kell

I used to buy this perfboard and found it to be good quality.

Reply to
cornytheclown

below the

interesting

cleanly

up_ID=208

Thanks, Mark. Those are prices I can live with. :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

perfboard,

Funny how they put a link for "plain perf board" but when you click it they tell you they don't have anything matching that criteria. They only have the solderable board. Sigh...

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

Yeah, but a $20 minimum order?

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

carry

Are these guys that high? I used to get these at either RS, or Fry's, or Advanced Action Electronics or whatever it was in Santa Ana:

I've always been partial to the "Pad per hole, with groundplane" style.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You're welcome.

Now I just need to get my brand new SOIC-packaged current source onto one of these suckers! The DIP version has been discontinued by the manufacturer :-(

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

carry

--
When I need a ground plane, I like their single sided copper FR-4
with 0.035 holes on a 0.1" grid.  I lay out the circuit, spot face
off the copper around the holes that don\'t need to go to ground, and
use their T-44 pins to mount components on, on one side, and do the
wiring on the other side.  One handy trick I\'ve found and used for
years with their T-44 pins and FR-4 board is to put the pin where
it\'s supposed to go and then push it into the board with a soldering
iron.  The iron melts the epoxy around the hole, letting the pin
slide in pretty easily, and then when the heat\'s removed, the epoxy
shrinks down and grabs the pin pretty tightly.  I\'ve noticed, over
the last few years, that the board doesn\'t grab the pins as well as
it used to, so maybe they\'ve got new punches and they haven\'t worn
down to "nominal" yet.
Reply to
John Fields

perfboard,

"Everybody has something to hide except for me and my monkey".

That's all I can offer..;-)

John

Reply to
JohnM

perfboard,

--
Actually, it\'s: "Everybody\'s got something to hide, except for me
and my monkey."

The comma within the quotes might be extraneous and the "except"
part might be abbreviated to "\'cept", but you\'d need to do a
spectral analysis on that part of the white album to find out for
sure.
Reply to
John Fields