Left- or right-handed PTT?

--
Unless we hold it upside-down... :-)
Reply to
John Fields

I'm left-handed, and I like to hold fist microphones in my left hand, and push the PTT button with my thumb. I would expect right-handers to prefer it the other way around - but looking at pictures in catalogues and magazines, most microphones and walkie-talkies appear to have the PTT on the left. Excuse the dumb question, but do "righties" work the PTT with their index and middle fingers or what?

Reply to
Andrew Holme

While attempting to listen to the local law enforcement on my scanner, I have determined that they face the mic away from their mouth and wave it towards the loudest local noise source. OTOH, there are a few that think that a mic is to be used internally (I can't always tell if its oral or anal)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Only speaking for myself, of course, but this "rightie" prefers to hold mics / handsets / ... in my left hand. Leaves the right hand free to scratch notes and/or noses.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Middle fingers are for use only as sempaphores.

Reply to
kell

Middle fingers are for use only as semaphores.

Reply to
kell