Left-handed 3-pole disconnect switches?

I need a 3-pole safety disconnect switch rated at 208V / 60A, unfused. I can find one at any of several equipment suppliers, except for this requirement: I need the operating handle to be on the left side of the cabinet.

The location of the equipment is such that a right-handed switch will require either locating the switch in an inconvenient location or moving the equipment.

Does anyone make disconnects with a left-oriented operating handle?

Reply to
SparkyGuy

Won't the unit turn upside down ? Some I've seen in the past do this as the switch handle still rotates the same way to connect/disconnect.

HTH

--
Terminal_Crazy

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England          http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy/
Reply to
Terminal Crazy

The kind I'm familiar with are knife switches with a handle on the side that pushes up and down (not rotates). Such as:

Can you give me a URL to a switch you're referring to? Sounds like a possible solution...

(I should have mentioned that this is for N. America...)

Reply to
SparkyGuy

:I need a 3-pole safety disconnect switch rated at 208V / 60A, unfused. I can :find one at any of several equipment suppliers, except for this requirement: :I need the operating handle to be on the left side of the cabinet. : :The location of the equipment is such that a right-handed switch will require :either locating the switch in an inconvenient location or moving the :equipment. : :Does anyone make disconnects with a left-oriented operating handle?

Ideally, you would require an actuating handle which is independant of left or right handed operation.

Have you considered using a panel mount non-lockable handle mechanism such as this

This can be mounted to a 3 pole switch such as backpanel XA063BY

Ross Herbert

Ross Herbert snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au left this in sci.electronics.equipment:

Ya, they are avaliable but they are special order.

--

Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
   --Schiller (from "Die Jungfrau von Orleans")
Reply to
Joseph2K