jammed remotes !

?Dinnertime ??? Only thing that makes sense is a LOCAL transmitter that is blocking the G/D receiver ! Moving up the street also translates to, "wait a moment until QRM shuts down" and try again !

Most likely Transmitter would be a Microwave oven with a dirty Door Seal ?? leaking a microwave signal that would/could block the receiver in the Garage Door Opener.

Two weak batteries in BOTH remotes , not very likely, working better from up the street !!

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a Garage door opener, but the Microwave Oven/Transmitter interference suggestion still applies.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

We tried over a period of several hours but the remotes didn't work on the drive (5 cars affected in total over the two days). All remotes work away from the house.

Reply to
rition

You need a receiver which can pick up the carrier used, a portable antenna, and the patience to track down the source. You could try your local FCC office.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Just hope you don't have some scrupulous person aiming a magnetron from an Microwave oven at you? Have you been upsetting any one in your area lately ?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Jamie wrote in news:IGVWh.1063$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.lga:

Playing loud music perhaps? ;-)

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

Sounds like there's a short-range transmitter somewhere near your house before you alert the authorities eliminate any new appliances you have... (turn them off and see if that helps) you may wish to discuss the matter with your neighbours too.

I recall reading an account of a faulty (but functional) CATV decoder that was operating as a radio jammer, so it needn't be an appliance that normally includes a radio transmitter.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Anybody in the neighborhood with a wireless video, is the opener maybe on a wifi or bluetooth freq?? At our lab a wireless video was at the lower wifi band for example. As luck would have it we were able to select a higher band for the video. Maybe someone with a wireless mouse/keyboard close by? The ether is quickly turning into a mess, maybe shielding on the side away form the driveway might improve reception on the dooropener reciever.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Try to determine the area in which the remotes don't work - this may help to localize the source of the interference, as that source should be near the center of the affected area (although buildings and terrain can affect radio propagation.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca