What frwequency garage door opener transmitter?

Just acquired a Stanley Auto Trans Invisible garage door opener transmitter.

On what RF frequency do these transmit?

I gather that they are typically hooked up to car's high beam which when flashed on, will, at very short range, activate certain garage door receivers to open the door.

A reply will be much appreciated.

Reply to
terryS

It should be marked on the label.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gee thanks Michael: Yes it is, (along with all the 'Complies with FCC etc. etc.) it's 310 mhz. Had to get my jewellers X10 Loupe to read it it though. The whole label with all that on the back of the unit is only about half by one inch. Now to look for some sort of receiever; I need it for something else not garage door opening! Thanks. Terry

Reply to
terryS

You will probably have to have the matching Stanley receiver, because of the encoding they use. If it isn't over 30 years old, it will use a digital code to identify itself to the receiver. Older units used a simple audio tone on an FM carrier.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks again. There are only two wires into the unit black and red so presumably 12 volt. So probably a fixed code? Unless there is another way to program their output. This was one of a whole bunch in the surplus basket at a store for $3 apiece! No special identification on any of them! My original idea was to amplitude modulate the signal in order to send audio between two houses! But I would need receiver for 310 megahertz with an audio output. Other numbers are; "US patent 5,140,171 and Part No. 4300". "FCC ID 9K UHT-11" and "Canada 164 101 233" I'll keep looking.

Reply to
terryS

Hmm, I really thing it would need a hand control or you could do what I have in my car's mirror and program that one.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Here's the FCCID database URL,

But your FCC ID number doesn't seem right. Mike

Reply to
amdx

URL,

Oops it's "FCCID A9K UHT-11" sorry bout that.

Reply to
terryS