Is an Enertec Schumberger oscope any good?

After that disappointing tektronic scope, my friend found another scope which appears to be in working condition. It's an Enertc Schumberger 5220 with 3 chans and 100Mhz bandwidth. We don't know if this is any good, does anybody know how much would this be worth?

Thanks!!!

-- L.Angel: I'm looking for web design work. If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me :) Standard HTML, SHTML, MySQL + PHP or ASP, Javascript. If you really want, FrontPage & DreamWeaver too. But keep in mind you pay extra bandwidth for their bloated code

Reply to
The little lost angel

Looks like a very good scope for a hobbyist like yourself, and for me.

It is sold on ebay right now and the bid is 61dollars, plus freight costs, of course.

100 dollars would be a very good price for this scope.

If somebody wanted to sell me one for anything up to 200 dollars today I would buy it, after checking carefully that is works.

I live in a remote part of the world, so I have to count on extra freight costs, and I cannot buy from ebay, that is why I would be ready to pay

200 dollars for such a scope if delivered to my door. If I lived in Paris/France or California I would pay 100 dollars for it.

The name of the company is "Enertec Schlumberger" if you want to look after facts about it on the web. (it is important to spell correctly to find facts on internet)

It is a French company with localities in many french cities, I think the main office is in Paris.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

Not that I'll stop living if I don't know, but I'm curious approximately where you live (half way up K2 :-] ), and what stops you from buying from EBAY? I thought everyone in every part of the universe could avail themselves of Ebay.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

Not much point if the shipping costs upwards of US$200 like it does for me if I want to ship a o-scope over :(

Standard HTML, SHTML, MySQL +  PHP or ASP, Javascript.
The little lost angel

In the northern part of Sweden, 800 km (500miles) north of the nearest big city. (We had two weeks of summer this year, and I missed it because of temporary illness.)

Look at the numbers, current bid = 90 dollars. Shipping cost to USA via Airmail is $117 & By Surface it will be $75.

But there are probably more costs involved, like transferring costs for money, etc.. And there is no way for me to test it before I buy it.

That is why I would not take such a risk and all the costs involved, but I would gladly pay 200 for it if I could buy it locally.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

city.

temporary illness.)

money, etc..

I was close. Not quite as high, but I'll bet nearly as much snow?

Is it that you could buy from Ebay (you haven't made any life long enemies there :-] ), but shipping hassle/costs discourage you?

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

If you don't mind my asking, what was disappointing about it. Was it purchased on ebay? Item not as described? Just wondering because I'm still in the market for a new scope but am hesitant to buy on from ebay.

-Dave

:)

Reply to
Rylos

erm nope. the tek scope was disappointing because we thot we finally found a usable one for an affordable price locally. but subsequently, the comments made it unattractive as we're likely to need to fix it somewhat. The experienced folks here don't recommend we try it being the obvious noobs tat we are.

Standard HTML, SHTML, MySQL +  PHP or ASP, Javascript.
The little lost angel

I've had overall good experiences buying test equipment on eBay. But on principle I don't recommend you buy potentially quite old, complex equipment on eBay unless you are capable of diagnosing and repairing it.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

It's a very good scope... Only one little problem may happen : the power filter burns in some serials numbers...and it's not recommended to leave the scope on when you are away!!! Except that problem, it's very good, with a beautiful image.

a?n?g?e? snipped-for-privacy@lovergirl.lrigrevol.moc.com (The little lost angel) écrivait news: snipped-for-privacy@news.singnet.com.sg:

Reply to
ZZ