IR LEDs

Lets say I have a bunch of unlabeled Infrared LED transmitters. How would I go about determining their properites? What do I need to know about them to be able to match them up with receivers or build a circuit around them?

Thanks Russ

Reply to
Uriah

Jasen Betts

Put 5 mA current trough each , and look at them with a BW video camera. Or take one known IR led with 10 mA and a variable(0-20)mA through the unknown ones, produce equal intensity on the vidio screen, and measure the variable current. That gives you some measure of quality.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry