Ion Fan

I'm thinking of making an Ion Fan as described here

Is there a way of beefing it up a bit more power arrfff arrff. :)

Stephen

Reply to
¬Stephen Hammond

Did you know that ozone is corrosive?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

To add a little more to Mr. Slaughter's response: If you don't keep the ionization surfaces *very* clean, and keep the air velocity ridiculously low, you get ozone and other oxidants produced. They will attack exposed metals (like circuit traces, disk read heads); embrittle or soften polymers (insulators, PCBs); and expose the computer operator to legally-limited hazardous airborne chemicals.

How about using a nice ducted HEPA-filtered external air pack instead? Pressurize the cabinet very slightly, so that you only ever get clean air inside...

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

ha, where i work, we generate lots of it from the irradiation units.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Is this Co-60 or e-beam irradiation? For sterilization or polymer cross-linking?

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc