Pic Question - digital output on

For the first time I am working on a USB project using a PIC18F4550 chip. I have written firmware for the chip that was tested and works on a development board... now I put together a circuit of my own and burned by firmware onto my own chip, and the whole thing enumerates when plugged into the PC with my own VID and PID, so I assumed the rest of my firmware would work too....

However my voltmeter is telling me that pin RC0 is always on, when connecting it between bin RC0 and ground, even though my firmware program has not turned the pin on as far as I know.

There is alot of diagnostics I can do from here (like comparing this to the development board), but I am wondering if this is normal behavior

-- that as soon as the device enumerates the digital output pin is on?

Reply to
Dave