How to copy/burn a 32 pin PLCC boot rom ?

Hi,

I have a bootrom chip and I wish to make a copy.

Can you guys point me in the right direction please ?

The chip is a 43 pin PLCC square shaped.

It has the following written on it

17-6824-01 404C 12C1 L B880L0138 Singapore.

How can I identify the chip and purchase a similar blank chip to copy it onto ? Which burner can I use ?

Thanks !

dtushingham

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (known to some as snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) scribed...

Actually, that would be 44 pin. There's no such thing as a 43 pin PLCC.

Are you sure it's an EPROM?

Is there a manufacturer's logo on the part?

Totally dependent on what kind of part it is. I can certainly handle PLCC's with my own hardware (see my other response to your other message), but I'm not sure what you've got. What equipment is it out of?

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

Hi,

Thanks for your response, actually I left out an important details, the chip says M27C4001 on it.

It's out of a Cisco router, it's the boot rom.

I would like to know how I can make a copy of this chip and which cheap burner and chips I can use ?

Thanks for you help

Darren

Reply to
dtushingham