Hey Chris W KE5GIX

Did you see my post with the constant current circuit? I'm also a ham, call sign KF2HI I got my extra back when you had to copy code at 20 wpm to get it. I was looking at your call sign. Is that British?

Old JF dissed you for no good reason, and then two other guys saw it and jumped on. I'm not sure who this Marra guy is, but I know Ed. He's actually a good guy, even sent me some parts not too long ago. Which goes to show that usenet doesn't always bring out the best in people -- me included. I can remember bringing out the flame thrower and singeing somebody, probably worse than what you got just now. It sucks.

Mike

Reply to
gearhead

I have my general. I only had to do 5wpm when I got mine. Now you only have to do 0 wpm. I'm in the US, US call signs start with A, K, N or W. Now that I finally have an HF antenna up, I am going to try and get my code speed up to 20 wpm.

I saw the constant current circuit, I haven't had time to investigate it yet but will before too long. We lost power here in Oklahoma City for 4 days (4 days at my house 10 days some places) and I want to be better prepared next time. I am going to set up several LED lights to run of 7 to 12Ah batteries around the house. I also ended up getting a generator, but thought it would be handy to have some good battery powered lights so I didn't need to run the generator 24 hours a day. The only thing I could run on battery during the power outage were my VHF radios and a small TV as well as several LED flashlights that did a great job, but something to light up whole rooms will be much nicer. After the first of the year I will work on getting that charger working.

I'm really surprised that John didn't post a similar circuit. He is very knowledgeable and usually sees exactly what I want to do and provides a great solution. I guess I could have been more clear about what I was looking for.

It's all part of internet experience .... doesn't bother me.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com
Reply to