full converter dc drive

What is the advantage, if any advantage in using a 4 SCR full converter instead of a 2 SCR,3 diode semi converter in a dc drive ?

Thanks.

Reply to
sandy261180

With 4 SCRs and the proper control circuits you can control an overruning load. That is if it will brake the motor to keep the speed constant if the load wants to ,make the motor go faster than the setting.

Reply to
sparky

I am using a 4SCR full converter to control a .5hp DC motor.On no load, at 180degree firing, I get 0V output.However, full conveter output is supposed to be 0V at 90 degree firing, for highly inductive loads. Could it be that I get 0V at 180, instead of 90 degrees, because the armature is less inductive ?Will this change when the motor is loaded ?

Thanks.

Reply to
sandy261180