Frequency pair

Can someone explain me what do we mean by the term frequency pairing? I met the term in an avionics book.The phrase is the following; The DME interrogation and reply frequency are paired with VOR frequency. Thank you

Reply to
thejim

I'm guessing It means one implies the other,

analogue TV would be an example. a picture carrier at a certain frequency implies a sound carrier at a fixed offset (which varies internationally) from that frequency.

If I'm right Ther'll be a table somewhere that lists VOR and DME freqencies.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Google has another side, you know:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Exactly right. What in means in this case is that once the NAV radio is tuned to the VOR, it's also tuned to the proper frequency (in what is basically a separate receiver) to access the DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) system associated with that VOR. Having the VOR/DME in a set, standardized relationship permits these receivers to be designed to do this without operator intervention.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers