FM transmitter does not work on breadboard

I have armed an FM transmitter on breadboard but for some reason it does not work. I have checked wiring and components and all seems to be OK. Thanks in advance for any comment

Reply to
chriswilliams

================================= 'Armed' is a funny word to use. Like 'Cocked'... like you have a static hi or lo level on the tx line. You need to hook it to a TTL level serial port sending ASCII 'U' over and over at a slow baud rate like

1200 baud. Should be able to see stuff coming out of receiver at same rate!
Reply to
BobG

By breadboard you mean one of those white plug-in proto boards? One area of trouble I found is the many rows of plug in contacts behave like 5 pf capacitors shorting out the RF. Use a generic copper pad perf board and solder.

Good Luck,

  • * * Christopher

Temecula CA.USA

Christopher

What style of RF construction did you use ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It's a simple FM transmitter with three transistors and an oscillator.

Reply to
chriswilliams

All of your wires for the frequency determining parts are too long.

Reply to
Don Bowey

And the board makes capacitors. RF on proto boards, a real nightmare.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi