How Pixel works?

I have done my homework (doing research). And I still like to understand how to activate a pixel with a different color. I know that within a pixel, there are three phosphor dots

And millions of of Transistors are needed

But how exactly this works? How do we control the large number of transistors & pixels?

Also, is Pixel same as Dot?

Thanks.

Reply to
quanghoc

=============================== To the graphics programmer, the screen is an array of pixels... each pixel is 32 bits...8 bits of Red, Green, Blue and Alpha. So there can be 256 shades of R G and B, for a total of 16 million colors. The Alpha channel is extra cerdit for grad students using Silicon Graphics and Open GL to do transparent overlays and other cool visual effects.

Reply to
BobG

But I wonder how it works internally within the LCD though. So the subpixel got activated by different level of voltage? And why it is more costly to have lower pixel pitch? (look at the manufacture standpoint)

Reply to
quanghoc

========================================== Each RGB element is a Thin Film Transistor. Each RGB element must be refreshed fast enough to not perceive flicker.

Reply to