Filling station

hi, I was hoping somebody out there could give me some ideas on an automatic filling system that i'm trying to create.I need to fill 6 plastic bottles (5 litres) in a small production line setup at home.I was thinking of sensors operating a bank of valves, but i'm not sure what sort of sensors etc.

9
Reply to
moss

You could have the filler rod sleeved with a float that activated a microswitch at the desired level.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

--
Scale(s).
Reply to

ISTM this is usually done with a timer and a controlled flow rate.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

If the fluid is opaque and the containers are not, you could also use a photoelectric system.

I like Fields' *scales* notion. (Commonly used; QC weighs the product anyway.)

Reply to
JeffM

Five liters total or each bottle?

Do you need to pump the material, or is it gravity feed? What is the viscosity of the material? Corrosive? For human consumption?

Positive displacement rotary pump on a stepper, servo or timer. Could pump continious in a closed loop, and use a soleniod to fill by timer very fast.

Single shot piston pump with adjustable precision stop on the stroke. Perhaps pump cylinder powered by an air cylinder.

Reply to
Maxwell