Electrolysis for dummies

I'm reading this in s.e.b but yeah capacitance has always seemed a better way to sense levels to me, does it work well for non-conductive liquids like oil or gasoline? (conductive sensors can't work there) can it be used with compressed (non-liquid) gasses?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

for plants they use ultrasonics to measure the distance to the waterlevel as the pumps are of a size that can't be directly switched by a floating switch.

or a sensor with hysterisis (those floats have it)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

The hydrogen overvoltage of iron makes stainless steel largely useless for most electrolysis.

See

And

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

--
There are lots of different ways of sensing water level which don\'t
involve contacting the water with electrically energized wires.  Why

i made a water level sensor once using a Ping-Pong ball inside a little tube that would push against a resistor plate. just sealed the wire, outer enclosure and it produced a roughly shaped analog value.. never had any problems with it.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5