Cursed

It will, but it would probably take several passes. One to remove the jacket, and another to strip the twisted pairs. I would cut it into short pieces so that a single strand could be run through at a time, so that it doesn't crush the copper into tiny bits. Six feet is usually short enough to separate in a few seconds per pair. My design was for electrical wire, but it can be scaled up, or down for other sizes.

BTW, I have been trying to arrange some oral surgery for a long time. If I don't get it soon, I probably won't be around much longer. The antibiotics run out tomorrow morning, and every oral surgeon in my area has taken one look at the xray and refused to even attempt to remove the infected teeth. The Florida State Dental school wants $110 a tooth for emergency extractions, then they play a lousy lottery game with their potential patients every day. It's a 90 minute trip for me to get to the college. You have to be there before 7:00 AM, then after everyone has registered, they draw names of those they will treat, that day. That means that i have to find someone willing and able to take a day off from work, until i finally get treatment. Also, they only do one tooth per patient, per day.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Can the VA help you?

Reply to
Lord Garth

Not anymore. Our wonderful CONgress has passed a law making it illegal for the VA to do dental work, unless it is directly service connected, or until a Veteran has been homeless in excess of 60 days. They are allowed to do it, at exorbitant rates, and will take it out of my next pension check(s). If I pay their price, I will be homeless. I have 11 teeth left, but two are so bad that I wake up screaming in pain.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

when I was in primary school I scored 20m of 5O pair cable (in 5 pieces) it lasted me (and friends) a until I finished university.

among other things I soldered many pieces together and I used it for the intercom I built (if you use 20V you can go hands-free with the carbon microphones and speakers from old phones)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

At one time I had a full, 1000 foot spool of 25 pair cable and a half dozen new 66 series blocks donated to the Christian TV station where I worked. I used it to install wiring for telethons and to allow emergency telephones to be plugged into the office and studio phone lines in case of an emergency, when no AC power was available. It saved a lot of time over the previous method of running whatever you needed that day with 4 conductor "Station" wire.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A friend had an infected root in a molar. I took him to the dentist on a weekend. The x-ray showed just how much bone loss was involved.

The dentist deaden the area then simply drained it by using a probe to pierce the gum. This virtually ended the pain and allows the bone to heal. Antibiotics help with the infection if you can get them.

A crown is required but that can wait a while.

Reply to
Lord Garth

If you don't get them, the dentist is incompetent. I had one fail to give me antibiotics and actually sealed up the opening in the tooth ...twice!. It reinfected both times. He then went on vacation and hung me out to dry. I had to find another dentist and have it done properly ...antibiotics and left open to drain. If I ever run across the first SOB in a dark alley, he's gonna need a dentist.

nb

Reply to
notbob