Placement of resistors with LEDs

Hi

Does it matter where one places a resistor on a circuit with a battery and LED. I mean I understand that charge flows from negative to positive, so if I place the resistor after the LED, will the resistor still protect the LED or do I need to put the resistor before the LED?

Regards Shelton.

Reply to
Archimedes

It makes no difference. The resistor simply needs to be in series with the LED. Whether it's on the positive or negative 'side' makes no odds.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore