Connector terminology

I'm trying to find a particular style of wire-to-PCB connector, but I don't know the terminology to find it in the catalogs, if it even exists.

I want to connect a ribbon cable more or less permanently to a PCB. I'd like a connector that solders onto the board, then the ribbon cable is pressed into place with a ... shroud?

Since it's permanent, I don't want a full ribbon connector/receptacle pair if I can avoid it. Hey, I'm cheap! Plus I need it kept low-profile.

How would I describe this in terms I'd find in the catalogs?

Randy

Reply to
Randy Day

A connector like this one?

--
Kris.
Reply to

Something *exactly* like that! :)

So that would be an 'I.D.C TRANSITION DIP PLUG CONNECTOR'? Gracias!

Reply to
Randy Day

IDC stands for 'Insulator Displacement Connector'.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

That's called 'IDC' Insulation Displacement Connector.

Through-hole (or smt) IDC header

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Heh. That was the one bit of info I *did* have at the start of all this.

Actually, based on the responses I got here, the specific style I wanted is an IDC Transition Header connector.

Thanks.

Reply to
Randy Day