Computer interface

Jus wondering... if i have a circuit connected to the parallel port of a PC and lets say at some point I decide to give oout a command to lets say turn on the light..... how would I do it? I mean I knw I cant drain big currents from the parallel port so like for a light bulb or something that requires lots a current how do I do it? please provide any feedbacks

Reply to
Ronak Shah

In C language, use "outp" function. The parameters are 'port address' and 'data'.

Use one pin of your par port as a switch. This pin connect to a power transistor like MOSFET to control the large current.

Reply to
Wong

You could use a batch file like below to turn on data pin 0.

::pin2.bat

@echo off GOTO BEGIN o 378 01 G :BEGIN DEBUG < pin2.bat

Usually the current from the parallel port pin is used to control a transistor, which in turn controls a relay. A google search will bring up a lot of info. I've made the below pages that have some simple parallel port control setups.

Si Ballenger