chargers burned out?

You're a fluke, and you aren't worth anything.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I just checked the output of my socket. Initially the voltage ranged between 239-241VAC and after 10minutes it ranged between 244-246VAC. (any one knows why it incremented over time?)

I also measured it in another room and it was between 244-247VAC Finally I measured the output of a Line Regulator and Conditioner I have (Nominal ouput 230VAC) and it displayed 244-247VAC again.

So I guess those chargers were zero tolerant and could not tolerate voltages beyond 240V.

Reply to
interuser

That is very high - you should contact your electricity supplier, however I would still expect the chargers to be OK.

Homer J Simpson

I am confused. In a previous post you said that even 250VAC would be acceptable.

You mean that the chargers should work even under 247VAC, right ?

Reply to
interuser

Homer J Simpson is a troll.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, I would expect that. However extended use might result in overheating and failure.

What voltage are the light bulbs there?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I accept your admission of abject humiliation and total defeat.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

The highest voltage that you should see out of a wall socket in Europe id 253V.

I have myself seen 252V.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Depends where you buy them.

240V here in the UK.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

240V in Cyprus. Anyway, it looks like those cheap Chinese transformers are zero tolerant.
Reply to
interuser