Bosch 12V 30/40 amp relays--wiring schematic

I just bought a bunch of 12V relays for some, auto-related uses (alarms, horns, etc.). Well, I need to know the wiring diagram, or more simply what wire goes with what.

For instance, I want to add a new horn relay, using a switch, when grounded, will activate the main, fused 12V lead from the battery to supply 12V to the horns.

I also want to do a similar thing to my alarm's horn output to use the alarm's siren and the car's factory horns. The prinicple was the same: when a switched lead is grounded, it would energize or connect the main battery12V source to the car's horns. Previouly I bought some cheap auto-parts store 15-amp horn relay, which worked as i intended it to for awhile. It still does, but now doesn't supply enough current for the car's four-note horn system; only two will sound.

Which colored wire corresponds to what I want to do?

Reply to
steve

Anyone know a way to filter out posters from Goggle Groups?

default

Green.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You are assuming

1) The automotive industry has a universal color code. or 2) We are mind readers and know the make, model, and year of your car.

Go to your public library and get a wiring diagram for your car. Find someone who can read schematics and have him advise you.

Alternatively, find the rec.auto.* group for your car.

Reply to
JeffM

...he says after re-posting the entire contents of what he scorns.

Well, you could look at what they are wearing over their eyes: http://66.102.9.104/images?q=goggles

Of course, filtering out an entire class will dump stuff like this

*-*-*-for-a-few-daysnews: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com

and this

'm-offendednews: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com

and this