any book or web resource out there?

is there any book or website out there dealing with the basics of electronics. i am a complete newbie to this area and don't really know what 'earth' is?? so anything for a beginner would help. cheers

Reply to
roohbir

Check out Electronics Basics at

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Search your topics on google.

If you get serious about electronics as a hobby, consider buying the ARRL Radio Amateurs Handbook.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

I'm sorry, there is absolutely no resources on electronics. LMAO check out

Mr. J D

Hi, Roo. If you're a total newbie, I'd strongly recommend "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III.

The book literally starts from the beginning. He writes in a "notebook" style, with hand-drawn sketches to illustrate (all of which are completely accurate, by the way -- you can't say that about many beginners' books). Mr. Mims is also an occasional contributor to this newsgroup, by the way.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Here's a good one.