A different kind of motion sensing security light?

One of the PIR sensor datasheets I read described them as such, It was many years ago that I worked for the alarm company that made the PIR alarms, I can't remember the part number and I've no idea if I still have those old datasheets.

But at least I've had actual hands on industrial experience - and not just swinging through the trees beating my chest.

Reply to
Ian Field

Convenient.
Reply to
John Fields

You helped the DEA catch a lot of pot growers. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ian worked for an alarm company alright... sitting in front of a monitor in a call center making cold calls trying to sell crap alarm systems... and believed the boilerplate he read off a script. ...Jim Thompson

OUCH!!! :-(
Reply to
John Fields

A friend of mine worked for a local company that put together custom built electronics for a lot of different customers back in the 1980's. One of the projects was taking off the shelf video cameras and recorders built into a weatherproof package with a magnetic detector to video any unauthorized vehicles visiting coal mine sites. Law enforcement was also a customer for the item including another variation built into a fake pole mounted power transformer to be mounted outside the home of any sort of suspect. An anonymous unsuspicious bucket truck comes out and mounts the setup which actually draws power from the power line so there are no batteries. Makes you kind of wonder what sort of hidden cameras the spooks have hidden around your town. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So that explains your confused ranting!

Reply to
Ian Field

--
You have enough first-hand experience with marijuana to substantiate
that claim?

Cell towers are ubiquitous in some areas; on buildings, towers, etc. I wonder if it is possible that 'dummy' antennas could operate as tempest monitoring stations. But otherwise, the degree of electronics miniaturization that has occurred means that it should be possible to manufacture spy-enabled passive components that could be relatively easily substituted in just about anything, and remember that things like TVs and such never really turn off.

I worry less about video surveillance than audio, but MEMS devices will eventually advance to the point where microscopic bugs will be able to crawl or fly into a residence and set up a fairly comprehensive spying network. All of which is an NSA/CIA wet-dream scenario, so they're probably working on it.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have

I buy gear from Supercircuits Inc. and there are all sorts of covert cameras you can by from them. Good grief, the cameras in cellphones are so tiny you would expect them to be available as components to build any sort of surveillance system. The stuff Supercircuits sells would have been science fiction not that many years ago. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas