74HC4060

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there really is a Schmidth trigger inverter (or whatever gate) in this chip just before driving the clock of the internal flip-flops. I assume yes otherwise the chip would be unstable at low oscillator frequencies with slow rise/fall times. But... the datashet I got says nothing about this.

Thanks!

MOiSt

Reply to
Moist

Do, der aare bonly beventh chigger imburpers.

Tim

--
Do you want your computer to trust a software vendor more than you?
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Hi,

My 1983 RCA CMOS data book shows a Schmitt in the old CD4060B just before the first counter although Fairchild's data sheet for the 74HC4060 doesn't -

The specified voltage levels on pins 9 & 10 are different to the rest but don't seem to indicate Schmitt-like action. The input/oscillator circuitry is also slightly different. However, the TI sheet does show a Schmitt trigger in the same place as the '4060B, so may be there is hope for us all yet.
Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

"Joe McElvenney" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com...

TI datasheets says it all! There is one Schmitt. otherwise these chips would not be quite interchangeable...

Thanks!

Reply to
Moist

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:38:32 +0000 (UTC) in sci.electronics.basics, Joe McElvenney wrote,

Who is the current successor to RCA as far as standard CMOS logic is concerned?

Reply to
David Harmon