555 PWM

Hello all,

I am an absolute beginner at electronics. I need a DC motor (probably a 1.5 to 9V hobby DC motor from radio shack).

I need to be able to vary its rotational speed.

By chance, I happen to have a 555 IC. I don't know how to read a schematic, is there some way I can use it to build a pulse width control circuit ?

Any other suggestions ?

Please help !

Thanks a bunch, Jj

Reply to
Jimmy Jam

By Googling the phrase

"555 +PWM" (no quotes), the first link that comes up is:

This'll do the job.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Jimmy Jam"

** Must be a beginner at using the net too.
** Ever heard of Google ??

Try " 555 pwm " in the search box.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

By the way, JJ, this page seems to be oriented toward newbies, but it still requires a little background. Take a look at the page, and post back if there's something you don't understand.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris