Subject Author Posted Replies

Power Amplifier for EEG Signals
Our group is attempting to build a low frequency amplifier (DC to 60Hz) capable of amplifying voltage potentials in plants to a level of 12Vpp at 1A. The idea is to drive a large visual display, based...
12
12

Spiral Antennas
Does anyone have any practical experience with these? Looks deceptively simple, and cheap. How about a wearable version to improve cell phone and wireless reception? Barry Latham
24
24

transistor arrays
The NPN capacitances and beta curve are impressive. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
19
19

Need Schematic for an Exact 7030
It's been 10 years since I've ask, so here it is again, has anyone come across a manual for an Exact 7030 signal generator? It has an output above the 100kHz setting, no output below 100kHz. Mikek
32
32

SLB and charger question
I would like to buy a NP 4-6 Yuasa 6 Volt 4 Amp Hour Battery. Would this charger work and how do I determine how long to recharge a discharged battery ? Model: HB-0702-01 Input: AC100-240V 50-60Hz...
3
3

Freescale
Freescale had 20 employees on flight MH3770. I always advise my bosses to take seperate planes, but they never get it. Cheers
17
17

Homemade Discone Antenna
I have seen several webpages describing home construction of discone antennae from inexpensive materials. Wire version: Sheet version: Combined with the Mini Circuits RF amp below, I would like to...
14
14

Need Radio Electronics scans
I'm slowly getting most of my books and articles onto my website, particularly at and My two part Superclock article in the July 72 and August 72 Radio Electronics seems unduly difficult to find....

Meaning of Vce(sat)?
I'm going to be using ULN2803APG in a design of mine, and I just noticed on the datasheet [1] that Vce(sat) typ is 1.3 at 350ma. Does that mean that the voltage drop across the Vce will typically be...
29
29

Solar powered logging geiger counter website created
Solar powered logging geiger counter website created: picture, source code, circuit diagram, info all there. Project is still under construction, so things may change.

An imaginary variable-voltage photomultipler power supply
I've now got a simulation of the variable voltage version of the Baxandall photomultipler power supply. C1 has been pushed up to 3.3nF, equivalent to about half the 10pF inter-win ding capacitance of...
9
9

Editing Gerber files with FAB 3000 -- anyone done this ?
Could some electronics guru please help me on this ? I was wondering if an existing Gerber file can be edited and Googled the topic a bit. I came to know that a tool FAB 3000 does this -- so does...
2
2

mel scale code?
Mel scale extraction is just doing a FFT on speech and massaging it so speaker identification and speech recognition work. What I want it for is an automatic recognizer when a commercial comes on. T...

Oscilloscopes: Tek vs. Rigol
Hi gang, I've always been a big Tek fan when it comes to scopes and have three of them in my collection of 5 and have always been happy with them. Until now that is. I have just watched this video in...
40
40

more details on homemade LED retrofit
So, here's a bit more data on my homemade retrofit for 48" fluorescent tubes. I have had one unit with 20 of the Cree XPEBWT-01-0000-00CC2 1 Watt LEDs running for a month or so, and built another...
6
6