Subject Author Posted Replies

waveform display in browser
I'm designing a tachometer box and it will have a web page interface as one way to talk to it. I thought it would be cool to include an ADC so we could display waveforms, too. My software guys here...
70
70

4 ghz opamp
This is interesting: 4 GHz and CMOS inputs. What's amazing is that it's available as a dual. Looks like they just dice up two amps in one chunk and package that. Slew rate is sorta low, so it's not...
10
10

Cute transformer
I found this inside a cheap AM/FM alarm clock with a smashed display: I was a bit surprised that there was a transformer inside at all - I expected it to be powered directly off the line. It appears...
3
3

Art of Electronics (1st Ed) ex 1.28 - am I right
Hello, Technician's Apprentice Here, I was given this book as a source to expand my knowledge, and not being able to flip to the back and verify my answers is troubling but not impassable. Please help...
4
4

VU or clap-o-meter
Hi What is this called? I need a small and simple clap-o-meter for places, where there are 50, max 100 people for contests. Can anyone point me to a simple schematic for this? WBR Sonnich
8
8

1602 Display
From another listing, I bought something like this: I'm having no trouble driving it from a PIC24F, but I'm surprised at the behaviour of the display when then symbols alter. It's as if the liquid...
8
8

Another reason not to like DAB
This is an interesting hack attack using DAB to compromise the control systems of cars crazy enough to have insecure infotainment systems and critical control of brakes and steering on the same...
70
70

Rapid prototype and small quantity PCB run
I've recently learned there's a convention coming up where I might be able to sell a few of a widget that I designed a while back, perhaps in quantity of 50-100. The design is complete, and I would...

40 yr old thought experiment
A long time ago, I had this idea, but never pursued it at the time (just out of school). Idea was to make a liquid flow meter with no moving parts. So it seemed that if one had a parallel plate...
33
33

ot, great war book
This is a fabulous book. It's the third of a triligy, but I read this one because I prefer the parts where we're winning. It's a great detailed description of the war in Europe, starting a bit before...
16
16

"SUB-HORMONIZER"
31
31

OT: Our Glorious Nutless leader
63
63

CD/DVD tray jams
Hi, A machine I just built has the annoying problem of NOT wanting to open the CD/DVD trays when commanded (via the "open" button on the front panel *or* "eject" sent via software). You can see (and...
25
25

Simetrix temperature sweep
In Simetrix, is it possible to run a temperature sweep where the graph has voltage on the y axis and temperature on the X axis. I want to show the relation a diodes Vf vs temperature. I can do a...

Battery with reverse polarity.
I have a portable radio that uses 4 C" cells. Volume was getting low so I checked the voltage across all 4 batteries, it was 2.8V. Then I checked across 2 batteries and got 0.34V. Seemed odd, I...
6
6