OT: Here ya go...

Here ya go...

...Jim Thompson

And if you want to piss off hillary, join the NRA.

Tom Miller

I just had an unpleasant thought flit thru my head: "Obama is the Manchurian Candidate and Hillary is the Queen of Hearts" ...Jim Thompson

Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry. I bought my Beretta 92FS Inox for Obama's first inauguration and a Walther PPK (easier to carry) for the second.

Reply to
krw

I just picked up a Beretta Nano in 9mm and a Ruger Standard 22 auto made in

1954. Got them at the American Legion gun show. How do you like your Beretta? It might have been made here in Maryland. OweMalley politics made Beretta move to TN.

Reply to
Tom Miller

It's one of my favorites to shoot and easy to clean (the reason for the stainless Inox). I'd certainly buy it again. They're not so easy to conceal, though. I'm looking for a carry pistol for my wife. 9mm is preferred but I'd do .380, as well. I have to find some time to take her to the range and try a few out.

As I indicated, I bought it in 2008, so it probably was made in Maryland. Maryland's loss, Tennessee's gain. It's a much better place to do business anyway.

Reply to
krw

Yes, it really was a big loss here. Imagine that the oldest continuous running firearms company in the world was pushed out of the state by democraps.

Reply to
Tom Miller

in

de

Inox (short for non-oxidisable in French) is just European for "stainless".

In fact it's technically wrong - "stainless" steel doesn't rust because it contains enough chromium to form a continuous protective layer of chromium oxide which blocks oxygen access to the iron underneath.

The exact thickness does depend on circumstances, and it proved to be too t hick to let me use stainless steel electrodes in a conductivity cell - the electrical resistance through the layer wasn't high, but it was comparable with the lowest resistances through the aqueous solutions we were looking a t - 2% NaOH at 85C - and varied enough to mess up the conductivity measurem ents. Platinum electrodes worked much better.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Ruger (RGR) Jan 2008 $8.11, Yesterday $56.58

Smith &Wesson (SWHC) Jan 2008, $3.68, Yesterday $21.64

Gun stocks make 9 big investors richer

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Yep. Every time Obama opens his yap, gun sales increase. Apparently Obama and his LGBTQ/Democrat sycophants are the only persons in the U.S. who hasn't noticed that the murder-by-gun rate has dropped by more than 50% in the past ~15 years... probably because the criminals can't be sure their intended victims aren't armed. ...Jim Thompson

America should have compulsory gun carry from age 7 and free ammo bins on every street corner.

That'd sort the men from the boys.

Reply to
Ian Field

The point is to get rid of all this newfangled 'compulsory' stuff. We've got way too much of that these days, generally administered by unaccountable bureaucrats who can ruin your life on a whim, e.g. by putting you on the 'no fly' list or sending you a huge tax demand accompanied by a lien on your house. Lots of this stuff has no judicial review. "Innocent until proven guilty" is so last century. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

With compulsory gun carry from age 7 - most other compulsories will become obsolete.

Reply to
Ian Field

You'd be surprised how sensible many 7-year-olds are. I got a .22 for my 12th birthday, because my father (who served in WW2 but didn't own a gun himself) knew how important it is to know how to handle firearms.

I don't own a gun now either.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Not that there would be many left of either after a few years of that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A more convincing theory is that tetra-ethyel lead has been banned as an an ti-knock agent in gasoline in the US since the mid-1970's and it was the ki ds whose impulse control who had been wrecked by over-exposure to lead who were shooting people (including themselves) when they grew up.

Arab countries were slower to get rid of it.

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality Thompson is free to believe whatever nonsense makes him happy, but this particular bit of nonsense presumably comes from the NRA and is more pernicious than most.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

What do you expect, a Bill of Rights or something?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's something to pay lip service to. ...when it suits the purpose.

Reply to
krw

Most of the sensible 7 yr olds will die in a hail of bullets - because they're in a minority.

Reply to
Ian Field

Self limiting.

Reply to