Re: Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference download from TI

I also have these (real life) pocket manuals...

The first two are "VestPocket" handbooks. Vests don't have pockets (except hunting and bullet proof vests).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Gad, sir! Where do you keep your pocket-watch if not in your waistcoat?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So do I, but only when appropriate: Actually, I decided I was getting too old (and too dangerous) to do any more tower climbing. I have a rescue harness for those "special" occasions, but otherwise gave away all my climbing equipment. So, I don't wear braces, suspenders, or harnesses any more.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Oh that was for tower climbing? My first thought it was a precaution when walking around on your deck...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes. Also suitable for getting hauled up the mast on a sailboat. I did that once and never again.

I don't see a problem. I do use the harness when washing the windows, working on the roof (no handrails), tree trimming, mowing the hillsides, bungee jumping, and performing a defenestration.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Sigh. You've been wearing clothes for how long and have never bothered to read about how they're made? Taking such things for granted works, at least until you make a mistake. Note that not all apparel accessories are intended to be useful. Some are decorative as is the case here.

The pockets on the Brooks Bros vest are welt pockets, which are not intended to contain anything bulky. A few coins or movie tickets at most. The idea is for the pockets to remain empty, totally flat against the body, and not show any bulges from the contents. The vest pockets shown are also not very deep, making fitting a VestPocket handbook difficult, even if inserted sideways. Even if you can insert the handbook sideways, it would not curve gracefully around the waist and look rather lumpy and awful.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Sigh! Bloggs is clearly LGBTQ so just killfile and get on with an engineering discussion. ...Jim Thompson