Subject Author Posted Replies

Exttech Clamp Combo meters.
I just got a Extech 845 clamp meter to replace the one that never came back after lending it to someone.. For what ever reason, the DC clamp function failed with a large OFFSET error. I used it once...

Rigol scope step responses
This is pretty weird. I don't think we are doing anything wrong here. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
63
63

Software Controlled Upgrades
I bet you think this is about features that are largely software which can be enabled by a simple software upgrade... at a fee of course. Or maybe you think this is about software enable to hardware...
22
22

Using Raw Li-Ion Cells with a Protection Board
I need a small Li-Ion charger/protection board for a 3 cell (series) pack, i.e. If I understand this correctly, this is for use only with unprotected Li-Ion cells because it has the protection circuit...
1
1

Driving 74LS from 3.3V uP
Prototyping a little toy for the kiddos out of junk box parts... I have a IV-9 Numitron connected up on a PCB to a 74LS47 BCD to 7 segment driver. uP is a 3.3 volt ATTiny (Adafruit "Trinket" devboard)...
48
48

OT: Speaking of Toast
Speaking of Toast... We have a Toastmaster toaster... "Design by F.A.Porsche" no less... sleek, pretty, which is why my wife bought it, but it's crap for function... uneven toasting, poor...
28
28

Hartley Oscillator: Two Coils, No Cap
Would it be possible to build a single transistor Hartley oscillator by substituting a pancake (spiral) coil for each leg of the center-tapped inductor, and then placing one coil flat on top of the...
17
17

Boring old connectors -- 7.5A, smallest possible
So, I'm looking for the smallest possible connector that's rated for 7.5A or more. This one is looking OK: The size is reasonable for my application, but the mating housing only takes up to 18-gauge...
6
6

t's s
People tend to treat "next higher level" money (which is mostly Federal money in the US) as free somehow. They want to get all they can. That money has to come from somewhere, with some...
12
12

tea and toast
Seems to me that the more power you apply in an electric kettle, the more efficient it is. Toasters ditto.
111
111

HOTs *can* handle 1200V
In fact, most HOTs (Horizontal Output Transistor -- 1500Vcbo, 5-20A, Vce(sat) 2-5V @ hFE = 2.5) handle 1600-1800V at breakdown. Most trigger in avalanche rather slowly (~100ns), though I've seen a few...
6
6

Ping Hobbs: JFET Noise
Phil, I have a chip situation, differential input, HiZ required. I have available to me NJFET's (sizeable) and good NPN's. What's the best differential configuration for low noise? The customer thinks...
35
35

Fractals
I hear fractals are used for designing cell phone antennas to maximize receptive power in a minimum amount of space. So why can't you just use a length of wire wound in a spiral arrangement to occupy...
18
18

ID component
It looks like a ceramic cap, 8mm diameter, with leads that lay across opposite faces and cross at the center. I suspect it's a polyfuse or similar. Markings: B R075 4053S
11
11

Making secure mechanical connection to IC pins to modify equipment
I have a piece of music gear on my bench which I'm modding for a client. Needs some new wires attached to the uP bus to fan out to some CMOS logic on a daughterboard. What's the the neatest way to...
6
6