ID component

It looks like a ceramic cap, 8mm diameter, with leads that lay across opposite faces and cross at the center. I suspect it's a polyfuse or similar.

Markings: B R075

4053S
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Forgot to mention resistance is 0.4 ohms.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Probably a PTC, can you put 0.080 amps thru it and see what happens?

Might be similar to a REUF075

Martin Riddle

Likely a Bourns polyfuse, MF-R075, 60 volts, 0.75 amps.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Ok, I didn't know how much current to try but I'll try that.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Good lead, John.

If he zeroed the ohms before measuring, though, the .4 ohms (max) is hard to reconcile for the 075 at 23K although possible.

However, the diameter he measured does not correlate to the 075 but does correlate to the 050.

It seems to be R050 in size and resistance, but then the marking does not correlate. This is a bit of a puzzle.

Reply to
John S

Sorry, I meant 23C.

Reply to
John S

Maybe it's a counterfeit.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Good point. Measurements are needed.

Reply to
John S

At that current, the power would only be about 2.56mW based on his information. That doesn't seem like enough to me.

Reply to
John S

Tom, do you have a lab power supply? That is, do you have knobs to adjust both current and voltage?

Reply to
John S

Only voltage, but with a resistance of 0.4 ohms I don't think it takes much voltage across it, so a simple test with a resistor (a few of them) and a variable voltage should do it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso