Subject Author Posted Replies

OT : Relativity question.
is full of junk. If I fly my spaceship faster than 0.87c, will my speedometer show >c? [I don't know if it matters, but my speedometer works like a car speedo, timing tyre revolutions. I flew out...
109
109

Re: OT: The Fed's PR Disaster
Only in their own minds by the looks of things. Certainly in the view of the ordinary joe on the street - as evidenced by all the bile and bitterness in the comments section - these "elites" are the...
6
6

Windows rename
I have a folder with many subdirectories of the form 99D100 99D102 etc and I want to rename them all as Z100 Z102 etc. I've tried variations of the command-line REN command. It renames files, with...
265
265

Auto immobilizer
Where do they connect auto immobilizer? Ignition wire is simply, but too s imple and obviously easy to by-pass. For my old Ford, i disable it with th e crankshaft sensor, since it would not start...
27
27

Re: this girl is good
Only if she wanted to. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Junkbox switch for a switcher
I need to throw together a ~150 volt supply at a few 10s of mA to test a circuit idea, but I don't have much in the way of MOSFETs in my junk box to build a switcher from. The only high-voltage device...
33
33

OT: "Thus do the defenders of the blue model eat their own" >:-}
OT: "Thus do the defenders of the blue model eat their own" >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |...

OT: Knowing is half the battle
"While there are some domains where knowing _is_ half the battle, there are many more where it is not. Recent work in cognitive science has demonstrated that knowing is a shockingly tiny fraction of...
1
1

Wireless Relay Closure
What is the best (that is, most reliable) way to, upon application of 110VAC to a device, have it wirelessly operate a relay on the other side of the house? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
25
25

great book
Many of us geeky guys were Sherlock Holmes fans in our youth. I must have read all the stories five times, and still reread one now and then. The mysteries weren't the point; Sherlock was. This is a...
42
42

Ultra-low power switching boost converter - in a DIP
For a hobby project, I've found the perfect part for converting battery power to a very low current (2 ma at most) 28V power supply. And that is the Linear Technologies LT8410-1 "Ultralow Power Boost...
24
24

OT: Utility easements
Folks, Since I can't find much on the web, maybe someone here had this issue. Long story short the water utility wanted to fix the sewer on their side of the clean-out because it backed up too much....
36
36

OT: Good Read
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
7
7

OT: Amusing Find
Amusing Find... while rummaging thru one of my catch-all drawers. Back in the '60's and '70's when chip layout were done by hand, drawn on stabilene. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
40
40

BBOX - belguim router
Did someone try to setup port forward on this router ? I can not set anything else accept 80 / 443 port. E.