Subject Author Posted Replies

New book project
Hi, All, I've been in touch with Wiley about a new book proposal. It's provisionally titled "Designing Electro-Optical Systems: Figuring It All Out". The editor likes it, so it's gone out for peer...
54
54

USB device can destroy most PCs
Anybody care to speculate on how this works? In the picture, the only things of significance I see are an inductor and a few largish caps. I assume it builds up a nice high voltage then pounds the PC...
31
31

DIY and/or repair LED picture frame lightbox?
Out of curiosity, I recently acquired a 16x20" LED lightbox that has a front opening frame whereby I can insert a picture. I placed a picture within it, plugged it in, and I now have it on the wall...
2
2

12V DC-DC converter square wave problems (and solution)
In a previous post I mentioned a small DC-DC converter using 12 VDC and an IRS24531 driving two dual MOSFETs FDS6930B and two custom built ferrite transformers with an E187 core. I tested one set of...
3
3

Junkbox boost converter fun
Here's a schematic of the junkbox HV supply I built. It's working okay. The only disappointing thing is that the efficiency is a rather unimpressive 65% at 12 volts in, ~180 volts out at 20 mA...
10
10

meander line
Here's one more silly circuit that I included on a recent proto board. One-way delay is 430 ps, and I hit 50 ohms pretty close. I don't always manage that. There is no significant pre-shoot on the TDT...
1
1

Looking for SPICE model for MJE13005
Could someone please point me to a SPICE model for the NPN transistor MJE13005. I have ploughed through the online OnSemi Web site, but not much luck. Thanks in advance for your help.
2
2

Another Delusional Nobody Wants to be President of U.S.
Look at this sorry ass excuse for a lifeform! Doesn't know a damned thing but he sure does have an opinion on everything...
3
3

This is the Kind of Second Rate Trash We Have Running the Country
The token military success story advising Clinton on how to evade various record keeping and security laws:...

DTP tool recommendations
My documents are starting to "stress" FrameMaker. I can either reduce the complexity of those documents () *or* find an alternative that is better able to handle their complexity. I looked at lyx and...
24
24

New Video: Implementing the PID Controller in Software
-- Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested

more Dremel fun
We built a new oscillator prototype, on a 4-layer board, and the temperature coefficient is a lot worse than expected. Heating and cooling individual parts doesn't make sensible numbers, so we're...
18
18

TI Code Composer Studio
TI are currently running a promotion on code composer studio. They are including a full license with the purchase of a low cost ($10) 430 launchpad. Note that this is the full CCS supporting all TI...
6
6

Speaking of walls
It seem Britain is about to build a fence in France to keep migrants out of Britain. Mikek
92
92

(OT?) Pulsed NMR phase.
So I took a call about our pulsed NMR yesterday. (Not my baby...) I finally found the customers problem. ('scope aliasing) But in the process I created a problem in my understanding. Given an...
13
13