Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Laser Level
How does a laser level work... spinning mirror? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
51
51

SMPS LC filter... not!?
Hi all, I'm having a big fail when trying to make an LC filter for a CUI SPMS. There's nothing to the circuit. Here. The problem is that no matter what I do to the Land or C's the output always has...
4
4

OT: Dingus needed
What is this Dingus actually called... and where would these Dingus' (or is it "Dingi" :-) be found. I need ~3" top-to-bottom, very light load, < 5# ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
11
11

The racket kept me up last night
Could it have been 302 forms going through a paper shredder? What time is the Congressional hearing with the computer expert who deleted Clinton's emails. It's today, but I'm not finding the time....
1
1

Coax modelling question
I can model a coax cable in LT spice using the inbuilt model or a lumped collection of R C and L. But the cable I want to model has no overall screen insulation, and somewhere between most and hardly...
103
103

OT: Tweet ??
I'm a profound member of the Traditionalists Generation (1900-1945), (MyDOB: 2/29/1940) thus I have no clue, or, up to now, absolutely no need for "social media". But I figure, in these times of great...
15
15

EIA to NSN cross anyone?
I have a number of EIA tube types, and i would like to find their NSN, or confirmation that there is no cross for each given EIA. Ideas? Thanks.
2
2

cool new shirts
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
7
7

The Dirtbag of All Dirtbags...
The Dirtbag of All Dirtbags... Must have to be a very special important person to reschedule a immemorially-timed event so he can meet his tee-time :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
12
12

Chinese fuses
Hi all, I bought a load of 5A fuses off ebay some time ago and have just got around to testing them (I test *every* electrical item I buy off ebay these days). These are the typical 250V jobs you find...
24
24

I'm BA-A_A_ACK!
I'm BA-A-A-ACK! And still on the green side of the grass >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
4
4

Suggestion for 3D printer
Am planning to buy some 3d printer in some prize range from $200 - 280. If someone uses such "cheap" 3d printer, any review is welcome. Printing range should be 15x15 cm.. GM
4
4

Portable Spectrum Analyzer for 5G
What are the economy minded folks here doing in the way of test gear to get ready for the new "Spectrum Frontiers"? I am looking for a cost-effective, hand-held spectrum analyzer that will read up to...
2
2

Is the old MIDI infterface dying?
I am in the proces of building myself a Eurorack modular synthesizer system. (As many self designed modules as possible) I started looking around for a MIDI to CV module and found a few options. In...
3
3

Soft x-rays for that healthy buzz
Here's a fun story. I was at a "typical" 2010s-era birthday party with liquid nitrogen, microscope crystals, UV paint, weird DIY internet foods, etc. Me, I supplied the uranium glass, GM counter, vac...
2
2