Subject Author Posted Replies

This is the Kind of Second Rate Trash We Have Running the Country
The token military success story advising Clinton on how to evade various record keeping and security laws:...

DTP tool recommendations
My documents are starting to "stress" FrameMaker. I can either reduce the complexity of those documents () *or* find an alternative that is better able to handle their complexity. I looked at lyx and...
24
24

New Video: Implementing the PID Controller in Software
-- Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested

more Dremel fun
We built a new oscillator prototype, on a 4-layer board, and the temperature coefficient is a lot worse than expected. Heating and cooling individual parts doesn't make sensible numbers, so we're...
18
18

TI Code Composer Studio
TI are currently running a promotion on code composer studio. They are including a full license with the purchase of a low cost ($10) 430 launchpad. Note that this is the full CCS supporting all TI...
6
6

Speaking of walls
It seem Britain is about to build a fence in France to keep migrants out of Britain. Mikek
92
92

(OT?) Pulsed NMR phase.
So I took a call about our pulsed NMR yesterday. (Not my baby...) I finally found the customers problem. ('scope aliasing) But in the process I created a problem in my understanding. Given an...
13
13

OT: You've got no room for a garden?
Your house has walls, right? Our luffa and bitter melon love the extra sun they get growing on the front of our house.
7
7

Schmitt trigger issue
I posted this a while back on but I had to put this project aside for a while. I'm gonna try here to get a second opinion... I'd like to fix up this old drum machine. It's mostly working, but there's...
21
21

Somebody help me How to store 500kbytes of audio data (EEPROMs aren't large enough) ?
I am using a dsPIC33EP512MU810 bought from to read audio data (PCM, 8-bit mono, 44.1k Hz) from a 25LC1024 EEPROM. The problem is I have ~500kbytes of audio data I need to store to the EEPROM. I...
11
11

Odd DVM readings -- seek help
Could some electronics guru please shed some light on the following ? I have a test setup consisting of a +15 Volt, 2A (max) DC power supply that is feeding a simple push pull free running...
6
6

roof power generators
Our roof's solar-panel started this year, and it just past its 9 MWh energy-production milestone. That's a serious amount of electricity. We hope for perhaps 12 MWh this year, about 30% more than we...
84
84

Fujitsu FTR relay at speed
I got my multi-experiment 4-layer board, and one slice is a relay test thing. These FTR-B3G relays look like decent 3 GHz RF switches, just a blip of inductance. We're paying under $1 each.
3
3

EMDrive to be tested in orbit
The damned thing has been replicated by teams in China and Germany, and both teams say they saw otherwise unaccountable thrust. That's apparently enough to get funding to actually test it in orbit,...
5
5

Garage door receiver shorts its own power supply
I have an old Sears garage door opener, and the receiver appears to trigger the door to open or close by shorting the two wires that run to the mechanicals box. But those wires also provide the power...
3
3