Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise in valves
I have just read the article "A Study of Noise in Vacuum Tubes and Attached Circuits" by F.B. Llewellyn (downloadable from < Britton Llewellyn - Noise in Vacuum Tubes and Attached Circuits.pdf> It...
15
15

AN: Posted, Spice Models for MCP7383X LiIon/Polymer Charge Controllers
See MCP7383X.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website: Behavioral Spice Models for Microchip Miniature Single-Cell (ALL 32 options are modeled :-), Fully Integrated Li-Ion, Li-Polymer...

OT: Amtrak Privatization
It's a good idea; as a private enterprise Amtrak can finally close down all those money-losing routes through the Midwest and South, and focus on improving high-speed rail service on the...
81
81

Re: Another Email From Dropbox !
[...] I didn't read it all, but for 10 Mb... doesn't your ISP offer some web space with ftp upload or something? Usually comes together with this email thing and internet connection.. y'know, old...
3
3

conditioning a fast current-out DAC
Fast DACs usually have differential current outputs. Properly converting that to a clean single-ended signal is a little tricky. This looks good: The AD8130 is a cool amp. It has two differential...
4
4

AN: Function Generator Subcircuit
See FuncGen.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. Updated today to be a general-usage subcircuit on most simulators... previously was only PSpice/OrCAD compatible. Features...
3
3

OT? Stupidity or selfish/malevolent intent
A neighbor came over to borrow an external disk drive onto which to copy all his "personal files" -- before installing a new OS. I have several external drives and grabbed a Maxtor (enclosure). It was...
25
25

OT: Worried
Gentlemen, I have to confess to being a bit uneasy over the transition to a Trump government. After Trump won the election, I'd expected to see a lot of butt-kissing on the part of the MSM in a...
116
116

Electric Cars Continue to Make Inroads
I was looking for info on the GM Bolt and found that both Ford and Volkswagon are planning to introduce all electric cars with 200+ mile range in the 2020 timeframe. That's a ways out, but clearly it...
252
252

anyone know this schematic editor
I=E2=80=99m looking for the schematic editor program that draws things = like this...anyone recognize this style of schematic? I like the look of = it and want to use it on some of my projects.=20
9
9

Re: I want to use Laser to cut a thin metal connection inside of a
Just to add, we have a 35W CO2 laser cutter, and usually light is simply reflected when encountering metal, defeating efforts to cut.
2
2

OT: - autism spectrum disorders look like accumulations of genetic defects?
Another paper from PNAS. It's thoroughly off-topic, but calling people autistic is a fairly popular mode of abuse here, if more with the ill-informed. In this case the full text is available. Jurb...
8
8

OT: but frequently seen here - A PNAS paper on why conservatives devalue climate change and what can be done to cure them.
The PNAS is is the Proceedings of the - US - National Academy of Sciences, and it is a fairly high-prestige place to publish You'll probably have to pay for the full paper. I'll try to get hold of a...
51
51

PLC classes in Northern California?
Hello, Does anybody have any experience with SCADA/PLC classes in Northern California (Sacramento area in particular)? I'm looking for classes on Allen Bradley PLCs. I noticed Sacramento City College...
5
5

good book, slightly on-topic
One Child, by Mei Fong. This is about the history and consequences of the insane Chinese one-child policy. It's in the first person; the author spends time with real victims of the program. Two things...
36
36