Subject Author Posted Replies

B+K Precision 295 WIdeBand AC voltmeter question..
I recently was given a free unit that is in prestene condition, looks like it never was used.. Anyway, it works as designed but having a little issue locating much of a manual for it. I would like to...
1
1

Output boards, SPI vs I2C
I pondering a microcontroller project that will need a number (say 24) output relays. Is there a reason to use I2C over SPI? It looks like there are 8-channel boards of both ilks, and I don't know if...
25
25

Why Can't My Volume Go to 11?
When watching videos on my laptop there are some which just don't have enough volume. Setting everything as high as I can it is still not loud enough. So what determines the highest setting of the...
24
24

Li-Charger IC: Searching for datasheet
Dear experts, I'm searching for the datasheet for this IC: Manufacturer obviously is Microchip Technology, but that's all what I've been able to find out. Therefore I do hope to find help here. Thanks...
3
3

Rat Shack fire sale
The local Radio Shack is finally giving up the ghost, and going out of business. Clearance sale, everything 50-90% off. This one still has a big bin of components, all of them 90% off. Most of the...
11
11

FET G-S voltage limits
A customer of mine is repurposing a board that I designed for them several years ago, and we're running into some interesting issues. One of the issues is that there's a master turn-on to the power...
9
9

Ping Robert Baer
Check your email. Thanks. -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services I'm looking for work -- see my website!
1
1

two relays
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53724080/Circuits/Power/Two_Relays.JPG
25
25

Embedded USB-to-serial converter
I could use some help thinking through what options I may have, if any, for embedding a CP2102 USB-to-serial converter into a MSP430 microprocessor project, so that updating the flash could be done...
22
22

"Lockout" load switch with a 4093
When the USB pin is low and the widget is not connected to the USB LiPo charger, the main load's boost converter shutdown pin is pulled low (off) by the output of the flipflop section U1. Pulsing...

DDR3 Command/Address lines parallel in dual stripline - how critical is crosstalk?
Hi, i am developing a memory down design with a SoC and DDR3 SDRAMs. Because of the (for memory down) unoptimized pinout, i need six routing layers for this design. The most inner layers are used for...
7
7

Scope FFT funnies
So I'm taking some performance data on the first articles of the shot-noise -limited nanoamp photoreceiver that the hunchbacks and I are planning to se ll. (It works very well--more details soon.)...
3
3

USB 3.0 Connectors
I was looking for a decent USB 3.0 enclosure for 2.5 inch drives on eBay and found a bunch at the low end. I realized I didn't recognize the connector on the case as the double wide 3.0 micro....
1
1

Interesting instrument
But expensive.
9
9

A resistor network with a curious property
Solved by minimization... should like to come up with the equation that generates it, though. Tim
42
42