Subject Author Posted Replies

OpAmp Feedback Resistance vs. Stability
So, about a decade and a half ago, I worked with some very ill-tempered rail-rail opamps. They were among the first-generation rail-rail amps, and they had the "nice" feature that in spite of their...
15
15

OT: Best Ever Sci-Fi short stories
Screw electronics for a minute. What is the best ever sci-fi short story you have ever ever ever read? I'll kick off by nominating 'Time's Arrow' by AC Clarke.
75
75

pricing
Some companies are determined to not give pricing for their products. They want to know what it will be used for, how many we'll need, when we'll need them. Then they say that someone else, maybe a...
44
44

pcb secrets thing
There are a few good points here, if you can ignore the bad writing. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
6
6

Potential DCP "wedge" downsides
I'm tempted to put a DCP controller in a M-F type A wedge. Primarily, to "fix" dumb chargers for those devices that are finicky. Of course, that physical implementation means it could find itself in...

MOSFET gate protection
I have an AC 230V relay built of discrete MOSFETs. Would a 12V 0.3W Zener diode in SOD323 coupled directly to the gates/sources be an appropriate protection against spurious turn-ons/oxide puncture...
4
4

tig hi freq
tig high freq Does anyone here know what the frequency & initial voltage is of the "high freq ac" used in TIG welders? Google's offerings seem to favor client's advertising and "how to weld"...
23
23

Ping James Arthur
James, Do you remember the gal that sold books at GWC? She had an assistant who visited Doc every week? Well, they both died in an auto crash a couple weeks ago. They were traveling on a freeway at 50...
1
1

"Much Worse Than Watergate" - Official
More evidence Trump was tapped! 'sall commin' out!
13
13

Re: Judge Jainene tells Ryan to f*** right off
Juddge Janeine tells Paul ryan to "get the fuck outa da House!" somethig we can _all_ agree on for once lol!

Molly-guards
Chinese-made molly-guards: Not bad for 50c each. It says "SPST", wonder what the third lug is for?
2
2

How to make a simple outdoor antenna for a Weather Radio
I have a weather radio with a telescoping antenna. But it also has a jack for an external antenna. The jack is a RCA jack, which is not real common for an antenna connector, but it will work. I live...
23
23

Request clarification on signal transmission on coupled paired microstrips
Could some electronics guru please clarify the following ? I am working on some SPICE simulations of signal propagation down coupled parallel microstrips.Microstrips are modelled as lossy transmission...
6
6

Ignition circuit issue.
I'm using this circuit to provide 250V pulses to an ignition coil. The IC is a Linear Technology LT1243. 12V is provided on G$1 to the left. G$2 accepts a trigger pulse, and G$3 is ground. LTSpice...
15
15

B+K Precision 295 WIdeBand AC voltmeter question..
I recently was given a free unit that is in prestene condition, looks like it never was used.. Anyway, it works as designed but having a little issue locating much of a manual for it. I would like to...
1
1