pcb secrets thing

There are a few good points here, if you can ignore the bad writing.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

The reviewer of that book is Rick Hartley. I work with him for 25 years. Believe it or not his father was born in 1884

Reply to
bulegoge

Part 2????

Reply to
mike

Hmm they want to know all about me to down load. Did you read it all? Will I be able to tell the good points from the not so good?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

When people insist on collecting data people don't wish to give, don't be surprised if it turns out to be junk data.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I scanned it all and read most.

Don't know. This is mainly a Polar sales tool, but they make a few interesting points about, say, fiberglas weave.

The impedance distribution curves are interesting. I've noticed that I can't accuratrly fab a 50 or 75 ohm trace, so now I don't blame myself so much. Hitting within 10% is apparently pretty good.

The observation about Er in microstrip vs coplanar waveguide (p 46) is interesting.

That Polar software looks good, but I have no idea what it costs.

Here's a direct link:

lunatic fringe electronics

Thanks... it looks to have a lot of fluffy pictures. (Not necessary a bad thing.) It does reference "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" I don't remember much about PCB's but I did learn to use beer cans as shims. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold