OT: Quotation of the Day

What have I been saying...

"If you want to tear down racist monuments, you need to start with the living monument dedicated to white supremacy: Planned Parenthood."

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it... it's just that they know so much that just isn't so" -Ronald Reagan

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson in peak form.

Planned Parenthood may provide cheap abortions for people who need them (am ongst many other services). If you are rich you can buy a safe abortion for yourself. Poor coloured women don't have that option, and where Planned Pa renthood isn't available they revert to the traditional solution - cheap, u nsafe back-street abortionists.

The need for Planned Parenthood may reflect a history in which white suprem acy cheap-skated on services for their coloured neighbours, but that doesn' t make Planned Parenthood any kind of monument to white supremacy - it's a thoroughly useful organisation - and incidentally undoes some of the harm d one by white supremacist attitudes.

If it had been more effective, we might not have had to put up with Jim.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to