Subject Author Posted Replies

Best flux remover yet: brake cleaner
Hi, all, Just wanted to pass along a new (to me) discovery. You know how when you try removing rosin flux with "flux remover" or a polar solvent such as methanol or acetone, it leaves all this white...
36
36

"Mr. Static" ESD articles
articles on ESD brought to mind by another thread mentioning articles published with a pseudonym. (My favorite pseudonym was Marmaduke Surfaceblow, the intrepid cigar smoking troubleshooter in a...
1
1

Greenland really was green 400,000 years ago
evidence is "bulletproof" according to scientists. This totally refutes the claim that we are now in the warmest period EVER in Earth's history. It also opens another chapter in the Cold War history...
16
16

Ball Join Push/Pop
BJ pop: push: problem is that some BJ pins are flush mounted (i.e. control arm) and some are extrude mounted (i.e. tie rod). I have to add temporary pins and spacers to make it work. Ideal tool would...
8
8

I2C speed
Hi, I need to bit-bang a fast mode I2C stream and started reading the I2C specs from Philips carefully. Table 11 says the minimal SCL period (tLOW) is 1300ns, while tHIGH is 600ns. That implies...
13
13

paper vs. metal and rubber
The anti vehicle paper device killed metal (control arm) and rubber (CV axle). Already replaced control arm. Need to repair CV axle. What kind of grease should I use? High temperature grease? I think...
26
26

Waiting hours, but not for charging.
My car's arm was bended a week ago. After street cleaning, dropping down the curb broke it. My right back wheel remain on the curb, occupying 10% of the side-walk. I was ticketed for $108 and hour...
43
43

pcb trace fusing currents
There are wire and pcb trace fusing calculators online, and in the Saturn software and such. They use the Onderdonk or Preece’s equations. Onderdonk assumes no heat loss, so in theory 1 mA will melt...
16
16

Fwd: OT: Why so few airplanes with canards?
-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Re: OT: Why so few airplanes with canards? Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 00:05:55 +0300 From: Dimiter_Popoff Reply-To: Organization: TGI Newsgroups: References:...

OT: Why so few airplanes with canards?
is dead, it seems, so allow me to ask here. At least it's not about climate, politics or removing X signs. Why are there so few planes with canard wings? It seems to me an obvious way to gain a few...
3
3

Datasheet needed
Gentlemen, I'm trying to find a datasheet for the BLX67 transistor but so far without any luck. Various sites on the web claim to have one, but when I looked closer they were all BLX65 devices and...
3
3

Welcome to San Francisco
walk that bit of Sanchez Street and those stairs fairly often. My favorite street, Cumberland, is just above the drop-off. There were a bunch of people on those stairs seconds before the car arrived.
11
11

many relay drivers
like C1, with just a high-enough-voltage mosfet that it survives the max flyback voltage. C2 would use some exotic avalanche-rated thing. Everthing else needs more parts. Any more?
19
19

LT Spice question
I got this model for a mosfet, FDB390N15A want to run it in LT Spice. I named my mosfet FDB390N15A and I did .lib and .inc and .mod too but it complains that it "can't find the definition of model...
3
3

Crowbars
Gentlemen, I need to protect some expensive RF transistors from over-voltage. They're fed from a linear supply which is notorious for shorting its pass transistors and putting 42V across these devices...
31
31